Mindprint is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and security of any personal information about our users and the children they love.
This Privacy & Security Policy explains how we protect personal information provided through our websites www.MindprintLearning.com and www.TheEducatedMom.com (the “Sites”) and how we use that information in connection with our service offered through the Sites (the “Service”).
Mindprint stresses its privacy and security standards to guard against identity theft and provide security for your Personal Information. We regularly re-evaluate our privacy and security policies and adapt them as necessary to deal with new challenges.
Mindprint respects your privacy. Simply put, Mindprint does not sell, lease, or rent your individual-level Personal Information to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
We are committed to providing a secure, user-controlled environment for our Services.
This summary provides highlights of our full Privacy & Security Statement and applies to Mindprint’s collection and handling of your Personal Information. We encourage you to read the full Statement.
- “Mindprint” means Mindprint Learning, LLC, whose principal place of business is at 252 Nassau Street, 2nd Floor, Princeton, NJ 08542.
- “Mindprint Informatics” means research and information gathering that Mindprint performs using aggregated Cognitive and Self-Reported information from users. No individual level information will be shared. Mindprint may use this information with the intent to publish in a peer-reviewed scientific journal or may lead to commercialization with a third party. Mindprint Informatics activities do not include Mindprint Analytics.
- “Mindprint Analytics” means research and analytical activities performed by Mindprint on user data. These activities may include, among other things, improving our Services and/or offering new products or services to you; performing quality control activities; conducting data analysis that may lead to and/or include commercialization with a third party.
- “Service” or “Services” means Mindprint’s products, software, services, mobile application, and website as accessed from time to time by the user, regardless if the use is in connection with an account or not.
Which Personal Information We Collect
- “Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you, either alone or in combination with other information. Mindprint collects and stores the following types of Personal Information (see Terms of Service for a full list of related definitions):
- “Registration Information” is the information you provide about yourself when registering for and/or purchasing our Services (e.g. name, email, address, user ID and password, and payment information).
- “Cognitive Information” is information generated through the administration by you to yourself or your child of cognitive tests assessments, which Mindprint then processes and interprets.
- “Self-Reported Information” is all information about yourself and/or your child, including any conditions or other health-related information, personal interests, and other information that you enter into surveys, forms, or features while signed in to your Mindprint account. Self-Reported Information is included in Mindprint Analytics.
- “User Content” is all information, data, text, software, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other materials – other than Cognitive Information and Self-Reported Information – generated by users of Mindprint Services and transmitted, whether publicly or privately, to or through Mindprint.
- Web Behavior Information” is information on how you use the Mindprint website (e.g. browser type, domains, page views) collected through log files, cookies, and web beacon technology.
How We Use Your Information
- Mindprint collects Personal Information from you for all purposes necessary to ensure the regular operation of your account and/or availability of our Services. These include, among other things, providing you with our Services; improving our Services and/or offering new products or services to you; informing you about events; contacting you to obtain testimonials or for other promotional purposes; performing quality control activities; and conducting Mindprint Analytics.
- We use Registration Information to enable your purchase, inform you when you or your child’s Cognitive Information is available to you, provide you with customer service, manage our Services, and authenticate your website visits and usage.
- We may disclose to third parties, and/or use in our Services, “Aggregated Cognitive and Self-Reported Information”, which is Cognitive and Self-Reported Information that has been stripped of Registration Information and combined with data from a number of other users sufficient to minimize the possibility of exposing individual-level information while still providing scientific evidence. Your individual-level Cognitive and/or Self-Reported Information will not be shared for conducting scientific research or otherwise accessed by any third parties for commercial use. However, we may use your Cognitive and/or Self-Reported Information for Mindprint Informatics purposes as described above, which may include disclosure of Aggregated Cognitive and Self-Reported Information to third-party non-profit and/or commercial research partners who may publish that information in a peer-reviewed scientific journal or use for other commercial activities.
- We will never release your individual-level Cognitive and/or Self-Reported Information to a third party unless required by law.
- We use Web Behavior Information to track and monitor aggregate usage of our website, for quality control, to improve our Services, and/or to target advertising for our products and services and your Web Behavior Information may be used and disclosed to third parties in aggregate form for Mindprint research intended to be published in peer-reviewed scientific journals. We may still use your Web Behavior Information for Mindprint Analytics purposes as described above, which may include disclosure of aggregated Web Behavior Information to third-party non-profit and/or commercial partners.
- We may give you the ability to share your Cognitive Information with other Mindprint users associated with your Account Profile through sharing features upon your consent.
- Mindprint is committed to protecting the privacy of children as well as adults.
- A parent or guardian may create an account for and provide Self-Reported Information on behalf of his or her child.
We will not disclose your individual-level Personal Information to any third party, except under the following circumstances:
- to analyze site usage and improve the Service;
- to deliver to you any administrative notices, alerts and communications relevant to your use of the Service;
- to fulfill your requests for certain products and services;
- for market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- to third-party contractors that provide services to Mindprint and are bound by these same privacy restrictions;
- as we are required to do so by law or we do so in coordination with regulatory authorities (see the section below titled “Information Disclosure Required By Law”).
- Contribution of Personal Information other than Registration Information is voluntary and permission-based.
- Providing Self-Reported Information through surveys, forms, or features is voluntary.
- At your written request we will close your account. As a result, all Cognitive Information will be removed from the account and will no longer be accessible. Mindprint will not use your Cognitive Information in new research that starts thirty (30) days or more after account closure. We cannot remove Cognitive Information that has previously been used for published research or shared with external collaborators before account closure. (See the section below titled “Account Closure and Correction of Personal Information”.)
- We encourage you to read Mindprint’s full Privacy & Security Statement.
How to Contact Us
Questions about this Summary, our Privacy Statement, or about Mindprint’s handling of your Personal Information may be emailed to email@example.com, or sent to:
Privacy & Security Administrator
Mindprint Learning, LLC.
252 Nassau Street, 2nd Floor
Princeton, NJ 08542